Bicycles are often stolen and many bicycle owners do not have their Serial Numbers recorded and in a safe place to provide to police. Without a description and serial number recorded, even if the stolen bicycle is recovered by police, it is very difficult to return the bicycle to its rightful owner.
By registering your bicycle/s with the Hoboken Police Department, it will make it easier to return your stolen bike to you should it be recovered.
- Register your bicycle/s online using our FILLABLE PDF FORM (Coming Soon).
- You will need to complete a new form for each bicycle that you own (i.e., you have two bicycles, complete the form twice).
- Please be as accurate as possible with filling in the information.
- Be sure to print a copy of the completed registration form for your records!
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
If your bike is stolen…
Report any stolen property immediately to your local law enforcement agency. If your bike was stolen in the city of Hoboken, please call the Hoboken Police Department non-emergency line at 201-420-2100 to make your report. Have your bicycle serial number and other identification information ready to provide for the report.
What if I sell my bike?
If you sell your bike after you have enrolled with the Hoboken Police Department Bike Registration Program, contact the Hoboken Police Department at 201-420-2100 to notify us of the transfer.
Lastly, don’t forget:
- Always wear a helmet.
- Always lock up your bike. Whether you use a bike lock or place it in a storage space, keep it under lock and key!
- Ride your bike safely. Always follow the rules of the road and be sure to keep a watchful eye on young riders.
Complete your bicycle registration by using this FILLABLE PDF FORM (Coming Soon).