The Hoboken Police Department is participating in the “National Take Back Initiative” which is sponsored by the Drug Enforcement Agency (www.dea.gov).
This initiative, which will take place on Saturday, April 30 between the hours of 9:30 am and 2:15 pm, aims to provide a safe, convenient and responsible means of disposing prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications.
The drop off sites will be a place where residents will be able to turn in unused or expired medication for safe disposal. The Hoboken Police will have drop off stations throughout the city, focusing on senior citizen residences. The idea is to make the program more accessible to those whom might otherwise have difficulty responding to one or two fixed locations. There will be a fixed location at Police Headquarters during the entire time. Additionally, there will be two moving sites that will spend over an hour at various senior resident buildings.
The drop off locations and times are as follows:
- Hoboken Police Department, 106 Hudson Street: 9:30am to 2:15pm
- 400 First Street: 9:30am to 11:45am
- 221 Jackson Street: 9:30am to 11:45am
- 514 Madison Street: 9:30am to 11:45am
- 220 Adams Street: 12:00pm to 2:15pm
- 76 Bloomfield Street: 12:00pm to 2:15pm
- 311 13th Street: 12:00pm to 2:15pm
General Public Inquiries:
- Inquiries can be made at 1-800-882-9539
- Search for a collection site near you.